Chocolate for a healthier you
Life is good, chocolate makes it better!
Throughout the ages, chocolate has been revered. The flavor so loved worldwide has very humble beginnings. The cacao bean "fruit of the godsĒ
begins life inside a fruit, called a pod, on a tree in the tropics, primarily in remote areas of West Africa, Southeast Asia and Central and South America.
Aztecs used to prepare it as a beverage to be served only for warriors, nobility and priests.
Today, chocolate lovers can take heart! This popular treat that makes everyday moments sweeter, has Cocoa, its main
ingredient. It is rich in anti-oxidants and the minerals the body needs, including magnesium and iron. You donít have to find excuses to eat chocolates. It comes with so many benefits..Check them out
Next time you eat a piece of chocolate, you may not have to feel overly guilty about it.
Here are several reasons to it:
- Its Heart-Friendly! Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one third.
- The chocolate aroma increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protect against tooth decay.
- Eating chocolate daily lowers blood pressure and improves the flow of blood in the arteries.
- Dark chocolate is good for skin as Flavonoids found in dark chocolate protect womenís skin from the sunís UV rays.
- Chocolate uplifts your mood, yes thatís true, if you are feeling low or have any kind of stress, you can surely rely on chocolate for a stress free day.
- Eating chocolate daily leaves you with huge amounts of fiber, which leaves you feeling fuller for longer.